Beanstalk Farms · November 18th, 2022
Bi-Weekly Bean #15
A newsletter that recaps the latest developments in the Beanstalk ecosystem. This issue covers Seasons 8171 through 8557 which spanned 11/2/22 – 11/16/22.
What is Beanstalk? Beanstalk is a permissionless fiat stablecoin protocol built on Ethereum. Learn more at bean.money.
- BIP-29 - Pod Market Price Functions -** passed by a vote of the Beanstalk DAO. BIP-29 improves the composability of Farm balances and implements V2 Pod Orders and Listings, which prices Pods as a function of their place in the Pod Line.
- Root, a permissionless fungible wrapper that enables collective farming for Beanstalk Silo Deposits launched!
- Just in time for 2022 FIFA World Cup, Paradox also launched, providing liquid peer-to-peer betting markets utilizing the Root token.
- Check out Beanthoven's narration of Degen Devil's visit to the Farm.
- The BCM updated Beanstalk to fix three bugs reported by a whitehat on Immunefi. You can read about EBIPs 4-6 here.
Feel free to drop by Discord if you have any questions—the Beanstalk community is full of curious Farmers who enjoy answering questions and discussing interesting ideas.
Protocol Summary - Seasons 8171-8557
The price of Bean crossed its peg 197 times and protocol liquidity decreased 1.7% to ~$27.3M.
The Pod Rate (outstanding Pods per Bean) decreased 33.8 points to 2307%.
The Temperature decreased by 148.0 points to 3903%.
Notes and Recordings
- BIP-29 - Pod Market Price Functions
- EPIB-4: Remove v1 Pod Order Functions
- EBIP-5: Remove transferTokenFrom Function
- EBIP-6: Resolve EBIP-4 and EBIP-5
Beanstalk Ecosystem Developments
- Root launch: a permissionless fungible wrapper that enables collective farming for Beanstalk Silo Deposits.
- Paradox launch: a parimutuel betting protocol built on Ethereum and using the Root token, designed to scale betting liquidity on the blockchain.
Beanstalk Farms Updates
Audits in Progress
- BIP-X: Sunrise Improvements
- Full re-audit of Beanstalk
Functionality and Development Upgrades
Thanks for reading!
If you have any comments, suggestions or feedback, please reach out to [email protected]